Offering more than 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees, our students learn from faculty who engage in cutting-edge research and serve the greater community. Our faculty are finding new ways to treat cancer, conducting HIV research, assisting in hurricane preparedness, and developing technology to help children with disabilities. There are many opportunities for you to become active in research that will lead you to an exciting career after graduation.
Our expertise ranges from conserving the Gulf of Mexico, at the second-largest marine institute in the country, to publishing national research on energy, sustainability and corporate social responsibility. We’re home to the largest, vertical-axis wind turbine installation in the nation, the first sportfish research center in the Western Gulf of Mexico, and an award-winning Oyster Shell Recycling Program.
Unmanned aerial missions over the Gulf of Mexico Studies on the effects of visual training Public safety research Remotely-operated underwater vehicle operations
• With life-like patient simulators in the nursing labs
• In the classroom of the Early Childhood Development Center
• On a world-class stage in the School of Arts, Media & Communication
• In oil spill cleanup exercises
• With tax-prep for community members through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
Enhance your undergraduate experience by deepening your love of learning with:
• Faculty mentoring to ensure your path to a career or graduate school
• Immersion in a community of students who share your enthusiasm and dedication to learning
• Distinctive library privileges
• Access to the Honors Study Room and Honors housing floor in Coral Hall at Camden Miramar
• Specially designed classes that provide a challenging yet supportive academic environment
• Access to Honors Program Scholarships, including some for study abroad
• Sponsored travel to research conferences
Conduct STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) research with faculty mentors and prepare for post-graduate study.
• Get internships
• Attend seminars
• Receive $2,500 summer research stipends
Gain professional experience and networking opportunities at:
• Fortune 500 companies
• Research organizations
• Small businesses
Find the right opportunity to challenge yourself academically and complement your studies with our affordable and accessible programs.
• Explore London’s media and theatre scene
• Teach science on a tropical island
• Study art history in Florence and Rome